Thursday, January 12, 2012

Medical News: Older Surgeons May Not Be Better Surgeons - in Surgery, General Surgery from MedPage Today

I just found this article. I'm not endorsing this as the way to go in all instances, and it's not specifically thyroid surgery-related, but it is something to consider if you ever find you need surgery or some procedure done on your thyroid, or anything in your body. Food for thought. Always remember to interview a doctor or surgeon before you decide to go with them. How long have they been doing the procedure/practice? How many of these surgeries have they done? You also might want to google on the doctor and see what sorts of reviews they have.
Medical News: Older Surgeons May Not Be Better Surgeons - in Surgery, General Surgery from MedPage Today

2 comments:

  1. Great food for thought! Thank you for keeping us well informed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alene, definitely food for thought. When I had my thyrodectomy two years ago I was very strict in finding the right surgeon and even had pages of questions to ask. In the end I am very glad I took the time to find the right surgeon for me. She was exceptional.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sharing your experience can help someone else who feels they are alone! (Note: I do not endorse anyone's product. ALL attempts to sell a product WILL BE DELETED- don't waste your time!)